1.14.2014

Horse For Sale

I'm surrounded by wonderful people who are glorious in so many ways.  For instance, my husband has a way of making me, and others, laugh about any situation and my Uncle used to do that too- and he was my favorite Uncle.  Laughter has healing properties and humor helps us to reawaken to the joy of Christ within us.  Good clean humor sparks lighthearted looks at life's best side.  My family, Mom Dad Brother Sister Daughter Step-kids, all enjoy a good laugh, Praise God!  Here is one of my favorite bits of humor; I pray you laugh loud and long with the blessing of laughter.


A pastor owned a remarkable horse, which would go only if the rider said, "Praise the Lord," and would stop only if he said, "Amen."
The pastor decided to sell the horse, but when he explained the horse's peculiarities to a prospective buyer, the buyer said, "That's ridiculous. I've been raising horses all my life. I'll make him go my way."
So he jumped on the horse and kicked him until he started to run. The horse went faster and faster. Worried, the buyer reined back and yelled, "Whoa!" But the horse wouldn't stop. Suddenly the man saw they were galloping toward the edge of a cliff. Desperately he yelled, "Amen!"
The horse screeched to a halt just in time. Peering down over the edge of the cliff, the man wiped the perspiration from his brow. "Whew," he said. "Praise the Lord!"

(Ha! )

The Holy Spirit has ways of moving us closer to our Lord through both laughter and love.  Clean laughter brings us into a sensibility of living that is unmistakably healthy.  Our inner chemistry is changed by laughter.  And laughing chases away the darkness and brings us into the Light of Christ.  Clean laughter is a priority of faith and I'm surprised that laughing is not included as one of the Ten Commandments that Moses brought down from the mountain top.  Jesus laughed and He also weeped, both because of compassion. Laughter can help to lift someone out of suffering, and yet believers are to be mindful that there are instances where laughter is inappropriate. The apostle Paul gives us one last thought--- Paul wrote this while suffering in prison in Rome:  Laugh with those who laugh, and weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15).  Laughter and compassion tempered by the Holy Spirit ... that's what Jesus gives to us from heaven's throne.
                                                             From My Father's Desk-- Rev. Walker

No comments: